Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Throw out your laptop, the desk top is back

Hello Business Website Customers, Associates and Friends,

Throw out your laptop. The desk top is back. See the article No More Laptops.

Back in March 2010 I wrote to you about dominating the keywords "Israeli Partner Dancing". See the follow up article on Dominating Google.

Be Happy, Healthy and Prosperous,
Andrew

-----------------------------------------------------------

In This Email:

Article: No More Laptops Use Remote Desktop Control and Online Storage

Article: Dominating Google for Niche Keywords Partnership Dancing

-----------------------------------------------------------

Links to Other Articles

Article: How to Change Apple iPhone Camera Setting from Negative to Regular

-----------------------------------------------------------

Programming Articles

Article: DotNetNuke Is Loading Slow How to Speed Up DNN

Article: Dynamically Resize Iframe to Fit Contents for Internet Explorer and Firefox - Updated

Article: Chamber of Horrors Cross Browser Programming

-----------------------------------------------------------

Quotes:

- Keep your fears to yourself, but share your inspiration with others. ~ Robert Louis Stevenson

- Before you build a better mousetrap, it helps to know if there are any mice out there. ~ Mortimer B. Zuckerman

-----------------------------------------------------------

Article: No More Laptops Use Remote Desktop Control and Online Storage

Throw Out Your Laptop. The Desk Top is Back.

Free of a burdensome laptop. I love it.

I threw out my laptop and changed my mobile computing strategy to OPC (Other People's Computers) using this approach:

1. Remote desk top control software for my computer

2. Windows Live Mesh for automated, synchronized online storage of my active files

3. External hard drive for media files, archived data, offsite remote backup

Used a nice laptop for a few years. Could not have had a nicer one for me. Am so glad I am back to using desk tops.

Hated lugging that laptop around, especially at airports.

The pain in my right wrist, from the laptop mouse pad and keyboard, is subsiding after nine months.

Love the big desk top big screen, two if you like, wide full keyboard, external mouse, huge hard drive, expandable options and super fast speed.

A laptop costs twice as much for half as much. Make that three times for a third.

Have been using a remote desk top control program to get on my computer when I am away from my office.

See this list of free and pro remote desktop access control programs you can use.

Great to have access to my computer when visiting friends or business associates.

Great to be able to travel and not have to bring a laptop.

I also use Windows Live Mesh for automated real time back up storage of my active files.

The only thing I sometimes bring now is an external hard drive. The drive is so small it fits in my camera bag and I do not even feel like I have brought anything extra.

The drive has a full copy of my data, so it functions as an offsite backup of what I have at home, fast local access to my data and a place to save files, if I need to, especially photos and videos.

New and changed files, I save in a new location on the portable hard drive, so I know when I get home I have to update them.

When I use other people's computers for an extended stay, I set up my own account on their computer, with a clean desk top and short cuts to what I like to use.

I use their computer for anything I can do locally, like Internet stuff and writing documents.

I use my computer for anything I need that is on my computer, like email, Quicken and Quickbooks and software development.

Sweet.

By Andrew Weitzen, Bronze Inc. Copyright (c) 2010.

www.internethandholding.com/Home/tabid/58/Internet_Marketing/241/No-More-Laptops-Use-Remote-Desktop-Control-and-Online-Storage.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------

Article: Dominating Google for Niche Keywords Partnership Dancing

In March 2010, I wrote an article about Dominating Google for the niche keyword phrase "Israeli Partner Dancing".

The point of that article, and this one, is that you can likely dominate Google's first page for a set of keywords important to your market.

More visitors to your website solves a lot of problems. If you had ten times as many visitors, you would likely have ten times as many sales.

When you get to the first page of Google, you get a lot more visitors.

To report back on searches for "Israeli Partner Dancing", seven months later, the first four results on Google are all my websites, as are nine of the twelve entries on the first page, out of 2.8 million results.

If you do an exact match search, all ten entries on the first page are mine, out of 1,800 results.

Everyone searching for Israeli Partner Dancing is going to end up at one of my websites.

That was no fluke.

I have written a book on dancing about how to dance with a partner called Partnership Dancing™.

As of today, a search for "Partnership Dancing" on Google has the first four entries and seven of the eleven entries on the first page are mine, out of 5.3 million.

An exact match search has ten of the eleven entries on the first page as mine, out of 6,680.

What do you need to do to dominate the first page of Google?

Post a lot of stuff in a lot of places. That is pretty much it. Here are some more details.

1. Google needs to understand your website content. Use Google webmasters tools to check how Google sees the keywords on your website. Make sure your important keywords are at the top.

2. Post items everywhere you can, all over the Internet, with links back to your website. The more the better. Use keywords in your linking text.

You can do this yourself. You will need to spend at least a few hours a week. There are a lot of tricks, which you will figure out if you put in the time.

By Andrew Weitzen (c) 2010

www.internethandholding.com/Home/tabid/58/Internet_Marketing/240/Dominating-Google-for-Niche-Keywords-Partnership-Dancing.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------

You can find this newsletter online here.

www.internethandholding.com/Newsletter/tabid/154/internet_marketing/249/Throw-out-your-laptop-the-desk-top-is-back.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: Bronze Inc. is the provider of Internet Handholding. Bronze is a for profit company and may get compensated for products and services listed here. To support this free newsletter, use the links here and on the websites to view the products.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Copyright (c) 2010, Bronze Inc. All rights reserved.

Andrew Weitzen, publish@internethandholding.com, 352-327-3672, Gainesville, FL

www.InternetHandholding.com

www.Bronz.com
www.ComputerGainesville.com
www.DomainNames.gs
www.DotNetNuke.bz
www.Evolve.name
www.Programmer.bz
www.SingleWordDomainNames.com
www.Software.vg
www.WebHosting.vg

You may forward, print, post or use any part of this email as long as you include this copyright notice and leave a link back to the source.

1 comment: